Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

A NEW ADDITION TO MY LIBRARY

Yesterday, I went out to a craft store to find a replacement for my favourite 5 mm hook, and I browsed through their book section while I was there. (And yes, I picked up a few balls of yarn, too.)

I have to say that, with all the resources offered for free online these days, I seldom buy any crochet or craft books. I also find that they tend to be repetitive and, since I already own a few reference books, don't offer anything new, not enough anyway to justify their purchase.

But yesterday was different. I came across this book, the four-colour crochet spiral on the cover initially catching my attention. The book is The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet, 2nd edition, by Margaret Hubert. I could not put in down, neither at the store nor at home.




Not only does it cover the basic techniques and stitches, it includes many stitches that I had never seen or heard of before. All the stitches and techniques are very well illustrated, with both a large colour photo and a chart, along with easy to follow instructions. A few patterns are also featured in the book.

My new favourite go-to book for stitches and inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment